This anti-spam policy is incorporated by reference in D3SIGNS’s end user services agreement posted at www.d3signs.com(“EUSA”). All capitalized terms used herein but not otherwise defined shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the EUSA.
D3SIGNS’s services comprise primarily of a web-based technology platform through which content is delivered once a customer sends such content. While each customer retains D3SIGNS to assist with the transmittal of content to its Recipients, D3SIGNS does not actually send customer content to Recipients on a customer’s behalf. Each customer is the actual sender of emails. As the sender of emails, each customer is required to comply with the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the EUSA and to comply with all applicable laws.
We have a no tolerance spam policy. Your account will be immediately terminated if you send spam and you will be obligated to indemnify D3SIGNS against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a result of such spam. Generally, spam is defined as unsolicited mass email to persons with whom you do not have a business relationship or have not requested (opted-in to) your mailing.
D3SIGNS has a no tolerance spam policy. Customer accounts will be terminated if they send unsolicited email messages. Please report any suspected abuse to email@example.com. ISPs and blacklists administrators may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward the complete email in question, including headers. If applicable, please also unsubscribe from the newsletter using the link at the bottom of the email if you no longer wish to receive emails from that sender. We will take the appropriate action against the sender of the email in question.
ISP and Blacklist Administrator Relations
D3SIGNS has built relationships with many of the leading ISPs and blacklist administrators. These relationships usually involve the sharing of information regarding policies, practices and issues. If you are an ISP, mail administrator or blacklist owner and would like to get in touch with us, please email email@example.com.
For D3SIGNS Customers
Each D3SIGNS customer must accept the EUSA prior to using the Services. As part of its agreement, each customer must agree to only send permission-based emails. “Permission-based” means that all Recipients must have opted-in to receive communications from that customer.
An opt-in can occur either via a sign-up form on a web site, at a point-of-sale sign-up form, or on a physical sign-up sheet. Any opt-in form should include a clear description of what will be sent and how often it will be sent. Purchased lists may not be used within the D3SIGNS system, regardless of the source or permission status.
As a customer of D3SIGNS, you may:
- send out a regular newsletter to a recipient who has opted-in to receive it
- send out information and content to Recipients who have requested to receive content on that topic from your organization
You may not:
- harvest emails from web sites
- purchase lists (whether they are opt-in or not)
- have a pre-checked field on your subscription form
- have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
- send out unrelated offers or unrelated content to your newsletter list
- add an email address into a list without the subscriber’s permission
- email someone who has requested to be removed from your list
- utilize a list older than 6 months without reconfirming the Recipients’ subscriptions
D3SIGNS has a no tolerance spam policy. The strict measures we take to enforce our policy include, but are not limited to
- We review and monitor large list imports. This includes a review of the list source, list age, collection methods, and confirmation practices.
- We utilize MD5 hash record to screen for characteristics of commonly harvested lists
- A member of our staff reviews each message sent to more than 1000 Recipients and either will approve or reject it.
- We utilize a content-checking utility to screen and flag any message that contains words common to unsolicited emails.
- Any customer found to be using D3SIGNS for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product.
- We maintain the IP address and date subscribed for every new Recipient.
- Every email, whether text or HTML, contains a mandatory unsubscribe/opt-out link at the bottom of the message. This unsubscribe link cannot be removed.
Procedure for Handling Complaints
We have a no tolerance spam policy. Your account will be immediately terminated if you send spam. Generally, spam is defined as unsolicited mass email to persons with whom you do not have a business relationship or who have not requested (opted-in to) your mailing. The Service may be used only by businesses and organizations in connection with their established list of permission-based opt-in email addresses. We provide the Services only to those who follow our strict anti-spam policy. If you use the Services to send out emails to addresses obtained in any way other than a subscriber opting-in to your list, you may incur a penalty equal to $200 (SG) per substantiated incident (i.e. per email) or any greater amount that may be imposed under applicable state, federal or foreign regulations.
To determine whether you have sent spam we will:
- review the content of the message in question
- review your subscriber list for patterns common to harvested lists
- review the spam complaint
- view the records to see when the subscriber was subscribed and their IP address
Procedure for Handling False Positive Complaints
We realize that it is possible for those who have subscribed to your mailings to have forgotten that they have subscribed. For this reason, we keep the IP address and date of subscription for all new Recipients. If we receive a complaint from a Recipient for which we have a record of their subscription, and the email sent to them contained the content they subscribed to, then we will notify such Recipient of the date and from which computer they subscribed from and provide a link for that Recipient to unsubscribe from your list.
Upon this type of complaint, we will notify you of the complaint, explain the action taken, review your web site, and may suggest changes to the notifications or descriptions you provide when subscribers sign up for your lists.
In the case that a subscriber who makes a complaint did not sign up through your site (i.e. was imported into the system) no IP record or date of subscription will be available. In this case, we will investigate the situation, look at the email in question, and if it is determined that you may be sending unsolicited commercial emails, we will immediately disable the sending function on your account and we will immediately contact you by email and/or phone. As soon as we hear from you and are able to verify that the subscriber was indeed an opt-in Recipient, we will remove the sending-block.
Transfer of Recipients
Please note that a Recipient subscribing to one of your lists does NOT give you permission to transfer them to other lists or to send them content, even if it is through the same list that differs from the content the Recipient subscribed to.
Procedure for Handling Subpoenas
To request from D3SIGNS information about a D3SIGNS customer in connection with a civil case, you must serve D3SIGNS with a subpoena or court order that is valid and enforceable under Singapore law, and must agree to D3SIGNS’s terms of compensation set forth herein. All civil subpoenas should be directed to the D3SIGNS Legal Department. Generally, D3SIGNS will not produce any information until approximately three weeks after its receipt of a valid subpoena or court order, unless a formal objection is filed by you or D3SIGNS is legally required to do so. D3SIGNS charges $200.00 per hour for research (plus additional fees if testimony or deposition is required), $0.50 per page and $44.00 to respond via Federal Express.